We just gave you a brief summary on The Nine Insights. Next, let’s dive into the exercise from The Celestine Prophecy: An Experiential Guide by James Redfield and Carol Adrienne.
Discovering Self-Imposed Obstacles (Page 96)
The purpose of this activity is to discover how you perpetuate unnecessary struggles to gain energy.
- Locking yourself into a position that feels like a power struggle
Describe the situation briefly.
What are your feelings about the situation?
What are you trying to accomplish?
How would you like to feel in this situation?
What are your most important needs in this situation?
How do you interact with the other person from your inner Parent or Child voice?
Have you locked yourself into a position?
- Being righteous
How have you categorized the other person and kept looking for ways to reinforce this judgement?
- Making everything black or white
How are you limiting options buy looking only for a certain outcome?
What are three more options?
- Focusing on the feeling of scarcity
What are you afraid of?
- Projecting your issues onto another
How is this struggle showing you what you need to become aware of?
Do you interpret the the person’s actions through the filter of your own fears?
Does he or she reflect some part of your own unwanted anger, hatred, sexual feelings or judgments?
- Using perfectionism or confusion as an excuse for staying stuck
Are you unwilling to move ahead until everything is “perfect” or because you are not “perfect” yet?
Are you claiming to be confused instead of recognizing what you really want or need to do?
- Focusing on the struggle instead of looking for resolution
Are you investing energy in this power struggle instead of taking responsibility and acting on your own issues?
- Focusing on problems to keep energy coming to you
Are you focusing on this problem to keep yourself under the illusion of having something to control?
What is the payoff for you to stay focused on this problem?
- Letting underlying fears run your life
What is the worst outcome in this situation?
What is an ever worse outcome than (a)?
What do you fear is even worse than (b)?
Is your worst fear realistic in this situation?
Finish this statement with your response to (c): “This situation is being run by my fear of …”
Transforming Self-Imposed Obstacles (Page 98)
What do you want from the other that you could do for yourself?
What could you do differently?
What is an action that you would be willing to do to turn this situation around for yourself?
How would you like the universe to support you in resolving this situation?
Six Intentions to Help You Stay Connected to Universal Energy (Page 98)
- I am increasing my awareness of energy.
Become aware of the energy moving between you and others. When do you feel drained? when do you feel energized?
- I have a strong internal connection to my higher self.
Take a break from whatever you’re doing every couple of hours and close your eyes. Reconnect with a scene from nature or a loving exchange you’ve recently experienced. Feel the sensation of love coming into your body. Feel yourself expanding.
- My best decisions are made when I am connected to my inner wisdom.
Try not to make decisions when you’re tired, hungry, angry or under time pressure.
- Once I have made a decision, I follow through with appropriate action.
Following through with action gives you energy for the next step.
- I take time to reflect on important decisions.
If you feel pushed, rushed or boxed in for any reason, take some time to get centered. Have a “rescue statement” ready to use so that you can retreat from a situation where you feel pressured.
- I trust that my process is taking me to higher level of living.
Every time you feel empowered, you exist at a higher vibration. Acknowledge any small steps that you take successfully. At this new level of energy, you will feel as though you are attaining your destiny. This feeling will attract more coincidences.
A Profile of Your Strengths (Page 107)
The purpose of this activity is to practice becoming a whole person — acknowledging your strengths and unique qualities.
Write down three of your:
- Best physical attributes
- Best mental abilities
- Best financial moves you ever made
- Most unusual characteristics
- Best general human attributes
- Best social skills
- Best business skills
- Most important interests
- And your single most important value (i.e. health, love, freedom, creativity, etc.)
Keep your list where you can see it frequently!
Using New Behaviors to Keep Your Energy Focused and Free Flowing (Page 100)
Choose one behavior and practice it for a week. Do you feel increased energy and more open? Do new opportunities come your way?
- Stay present in the moment.
- Be your authentic self — be real.
- Pay attention to your feelings.
- Listen actively — clarify what you hear.
- Stay in your Adult ego state.
- Focus on how you want to feel.
- Tell the truth as you feel it.
- Let go of attachment to only one outcome.
- Let the mystery unravel.
- Stay open.
Your life has a purpose that is in the process of being reveled to you. Keep you current questions in the forefront of you attention. Whenever you need to, ask for more clarification from the universe.
“We humans have always sought to increase our personal energy in the only manner we have known, by seeking to psychologically steal it from the others–an unconscious competition that underlies all human conflict in the world.”